The 5 Nations Care Forum is an alliance of the professional associations representing the care sector across the UK and Ireland. Through a collective
commitment to information sharing, joint lobbying, shared learning and support, the aim of the 5 Nations Care Forum is to add value to members’ activity by promoting the interests of service recipients, staff and service providers. The Forum seeks to encourage the development of a joined-up approach to matters which have a UK-wide or European dimension.
In promoting the delivery of quality care and improved outcomes through sustainable provision, members of the 5 Nations Care Forum believe there are six key aspects that need to guide our alliance:
1. personalised care and support services with choice and control
2. the development of the workforce in social care
3. media image and public perceptions
4. public policy relating to care and support
5. regulation and inspection, and
6. models of sustainable funding.